Good morning happy humans!
I’m sorry I’ve been a bit MIA lately. I’m still recovering from the surgery I had last week. I haven’t been able to do much, except reminisce through all of my photos from my trip to France back in May. I truly wish I could be back there, enjoying the sunshine and scenery every day. Hopefully someday I can return because it really is the perfect destination during the summertime! There’s so much to do and see, tons of amazing food and wine to try, and so much more! I’ve come up with my top five reasons as to why the French Riviera is the absolute place to be during the summer months, and hopefully they will sway you to take a trip there someday too! 🙂
~ ~ ~
- Festivals. Of course you all know why I traveled to the French Riviera in the first place; The Cannes Film Festival. But one thing a lot of visitors don’t know is that there are several other types of festivals going on during the same time and throughout the rest of the summer. From the Director’s Fortnight to the Music Festival in August, there is so much going on that visitors will never be bored while vacationing in the Riviera!
- Food & Wine. This is a given. France has the most amazing cuisine and wine to match. Ever heard of the saying, “Rosé all day?” Well that was basically me with every meal when I was in Cannes because the rosé was out of this world! My favorite restaurant, Grill & Wine, had such a great variety of classic French food, mixed with the coastal vibes. I also had the best rosé wine of my entire life there so I definitely recommend going if you find yourself in Cannes!
- Beaches. The French Riviera sits along the North side of the Mediterranean Sea and stretches across the entire southern end of the country. There are several different types of beaches to visit, some with more sand, some covered in small stones, and some with high cliffs. You’re bound to find the perfect beach somewhere along the coast!
- Amazing shopping. From Cannes to Nice, to even over in Monaco, you will never be disappointed when it comes to shopping! There are high end stores, like Chanel and Louis Vuitton, and some stores like Zara which fit that full-time college student budget a little more too 🙂
- Welcoming people. The people in the French Riviera are the most welcoming and helpful people I have ever encountered while traveling. Even though my French is not as great as I would like it to be, they were always patient and willing to help me. Their laid back vibes were contagious, and such a breath of fresh air from what I’ve experienced before in other places.
~ ~ ~
I truly cannot wait for the day that I can get back to the French Riviera. I made so many memories and I am eager to make many more in the future! xo