This past week was the absolute worst! I was in and out of the ER with a horrible kidney infection! What made it even worse, was the fact that the weather was absolutely beautiful, but I wasn’t able to enjoy it. And that’s when it hit me… there’s only like 6 more weeks left of summer! I haven’t even sat around a campfire and made s’mores yet! I feel like that should actually be a summer crime.
I have decided to make a Summer Bucket List mainly to try to get my summer back. I lost so much of it to work and being sick last week, so I’m determined to make it up! Here’s a list of my “must do’s” before the warm summer sun leaves and the crisp autumn air blows in.
- Go to a drive-in movie theatre. I have never been to a drive-in before, but there’s one about a half hour away. I feel like there’s no excuse! I just have to go!
- Eat ice cream on the pier with my best friend. You all know how much ice cream means to me. But eating it right on the water with my best friend is just perfection.
- Go to the farmer’s market. The Grand Rapids area has so many farmers markets that offer fresh foods and I’m dying to go to one!
- Have a picnic with Jacob somewhere we’ve never been. This is the perfect date idea in my opinion. Nothing screams romance more than getting lost somewhere with food and a bottle of wine.
- Go “up north.” In Michigan, the term “up north” is the greatest thing ever. My favorite place in the world is the Leelanau Peninsula, which is also where I spent most of my childhood.
- Cruise around on a sail boat. Never been on one. Kind of scared to go on one. Also very mesmerized by them.
- Go to the county fair. Nothing screams summer time quite like going to the county fair! My favorite part of going to the fair is seeing all of the adorable animals.
- Try every treat that Cakabakery has to offer in one day. The Cakabakery in downtown Grand Rapids is like heaven on earth. Think gourmet brownies, cupcakes, and cookies. My mouth is watering already!
- Visit Chicago for a day. Easily one of my favorite cities, and it’s only a few hours away! A little road trip sounds very tempting right about now.
- Run through the lavender farm fields. I have recently come across the most beautiful lavender farm in Northern Michigan online. The rolling hills of fresh lavender makes the farm look like it’s straight out of a fairy tale book!
My goal is to check off every one of these items, but if not, I guess I can save them for next summer, right? Wish me luck! 🙂