Hi pretty people!
February isn’t just the month for showing your special Valentine love, it should be about showing yourself love too! In order to keep a healthier mind, body and soul, you should practice your own self care routine each day! There are so many things that I enjoy doing that help me to destress and find balance in my busy life, some as easy as picking up my favorite book! I’ve compiled a list of my favorites that you could try too during the next few weeks to show yourself a little extra love and care.
1. Listen to your favorite music. I love creating playlists of songs that lift my spirits. Usually they are filled with songs by Jack Johnson, John Mayor, and a few of my favorite Christian music bands too, like Tenth Avenue North. I don’t know what it is, but the music just always tends to relax me and put me in a better mood.
2. Take a bubble bath/use a Lush bath bomb. This is something I try to do at least once a week, whether I’m using bubbles or a Lush bath bomb. Not only does my skin feel revitalized afterwards, but my soul does too!
3. Try a facial cleansing mask. I don’t know about you, but when my skin is acting up, I am not happy at all. To better combat bad skin days, I make sure to remove whatever makeup I wear that day before bed, as well as use a cleansing face mask and moisturizer.
4. Read your favorite book. Sometimes logging off of all social media and picking up a good book is all you need make for a good self care day. I love reading my Atticus poetry book, as well as books that inspire me to be a better me, like “Girl Boss.”
5. Light your favorite scented candle. After a long day at work or class, I love being able to come home and snuggle up with a cozy blanket with my Mahogany Teakwood candle. It makes me feel so warm and tranquil!
6. Diffuse essential oils. I was just recently introduced to essential oils through Young Living, and I must say, I am obsessed. I am constantly diffusing “Stress Away,” “Lavender,” and “Thieves.” I also use them to relieve aches and pains, which is a great self care regimen!
7. Take a relaxing yoga class. Yoga is all about relaxation and building body awareness. I think the slow flow yoga classes are my favorite because it really helps to calm my breathing and force me to deflect all of the negativities in my life!
8. Pass time at a coffee shop. The way my schedule is set up, it allows me to spend a few hours on Mondays and Wednesdays at a coffee shop downtown. It’s nice to escape the class setting every so often and enter a space that is quiet to just sit and sip on some coffee or tea.
9. Buy yourself a sweet treat. You all know how big of a sweet tooth I am, so I love being able treat myself to a cupcake from Sweetielicious or a couple macarons from Le Bon. My mood is always cheery after getting something delicious!
10. Pick up some fresh flowers. There’s no better way to brighten up a space than to add a bouquet of beautiful flowers. Whether they are pure white tulips or perfectly blush peonies, picking up some flowers from my favorite florist, Posh Petals, is one way I show myself love and care.
11. Look up your favorite scriptures. No matter how upset or stressed I am, reading my favorite scriptures will always, always, ALWAYS lift me up. Those words mean more to me than anything.
12. Clean out your closet. Reorganizing and starting fresh can get you in a more positive mindset. One of my goals last month was to completely clean out my closet, and I was able to donate pieces that I haven’t worn in years (thus making room for more clothes… which brings me to my next point…)
13. Take a shopping day. Now I’m not saying go out and spend hundreds of dollars, but sometimes buying yourself a little something special is beneficial. It’s nice to just focus on what you want and need for a change.
Fill out “Happiness” lists. I recently purchased “52 Lists of Projects,” but there is also “52 Lists of Happiness,” and they’re both solely books in which you can create fun lists. They not only help to get your mind off of any stressers, but they push you to think deeply about yourself.
15. Go for a walk. Fresh air and exercise! What could be better?
~ ~ ~
What does self-love mean to you? Do you have a self care routine? I would love to hear your responses so comment below now!